Remember those non-resolution January resolutions I made the other day? Well I'm making pretty good progress on them - and it feels great!
Today was a great day for catching up with friends. We had a CFK (Cool Fair Kids) lunch to celebrate Brooke's birthday - lots of laughs and moans and groans about life working at the fair. Maria thinks they should start a reality TV show about the State Fair. Not sure if I'd tune in . . .
After work I had a great workout at Snap. While the gym is really packed nowadays, I'm really proud of myself that I didn't have to jumpstart my workout after January 1. I've been going strong since October! I mixed up the workout on the arctrainer and really felt it tonight.
Last night I made a delicious recipe - good thing Tyler came over because it made a TON! It was a Rachael Ray recipe for MYOTO (Make Your Own Take-Out) for Teriyaki BBQ Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowls. Really tasty and healthy with whole wheat pasta and edamame. I would definitely recommend it.
Lastly, I had a bit of a SMU reunion tonight! I went over to watch the season premiere of Biggest Loser with Mo and ended up chatting for a few hours with her and DJ, her roommate and fellow SMU kid. After I left, I caught up briefly with my dear friend Jeff David. Guess what? He and his lovely wife Mel are moving back to the midwest from Montana at the end of the month! I couldn't be happier to have them back, even though Madison is still a bit of a drive from the cities. After getting off the phone with JD, I stopped by Abby's house to lend her a book club book. On deck for tomorrow? Gym, reading, Bingo!
No comments:
Post a Comment