It's here! It's here! It's finally May!
This makes me happier than you can probably imagine. Because you know what that means? It's time for my big trip to Europe. Well, almost that is. I just have a mere 16 days (which will probably feel like an eternity) until my flight for Milano departs MSP.
Since my next few weeks will be rather hectic getting ready for the trip and wrapping up loose ends at work (while still trying to have a good social life), my goals are a little more general.
1. Be more content with where I'm at in my life, relationship-wise. I'm going to work harder to complain less about single and instead enjoy it. No, you're not going to find me out at the bars picking up guys . . . that's not really my scene. But I'm going to try my darndest to appreciate being able to just run errands all night, or lie in my pajamas or go for a long walk. You don't always have time for those things when you're in a relationship, I've learned. I also need to just trust in myself and trust in God that when the time is right, I'll find him.
2. Don't stress about getting ready for the trip. My bags will get packed, my bills will get paid, and my coworkers will figure things out without me. A major part of the trip is also the anticipation and I don't want to squash that with long to-do lists and long days.
3. Continue staying in shape. I froze my Snap membership for the month of May to save a bit of money but want to be able to keep up my strength and endurance. Last weekend, I came very very close to my goal 5K time (and am confident I would have beaten it if I would have been more towards the front of the pack and not having to work my way through the walkers) and am excited/nervous for my 10K in July. This means actually doing the strength training I can do in my living room, going for runs and some long walks with friends.
But my biggest goal of all is about Europe.
This is going to be a trip of a lifetime. It's a trip I've been planning with my mom since I was a little girl. I want to soak up every moment of it . . . every drop of wine, beer and cappuccino, every snow-capped mountain, every church bell, each train we board, everything. I don't want to think about work or things I'm missing at home. I just want to disconnect. This is going to be a life-changing experience for the two of us and I pray that it will bring our mother-daughter relationship into something even better. I admire my mom so much and can't wait to spend 2 1/2 weeks with her. :)
Awesome post :) Sounds like you're in the perfect frame of mind. 16 days!
ReplyDelete