10.10.2011

Not Gonna Happen.

I don't know why I always do this to myself. I'll have big plans to have a nice workout after work . . . gym bag ready in my car, afternoon snack in my desk drawer. But as I leave work, I tell myself "Oh, I'll just run home, have dinner and do X and then go to the gym when I'm done, before bed."

Nope. This just doesn't work out, Lindsay. When will you learn this?

Cooking dinner, doing laundry, hanging out with friends, watching TV and catching up on the phone with a college friend ends up taking up your whole evening. And while these are all good, important things, working out needs to become a priority at some point. Especially when you have goals for yourself.

Any tips on motivating yourself? And I know it's only going to get harder as it gets colder and darker out... Help!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I waste so, so, so much time, energy and motivation when I go home in between work and workout, even if it's just to change clothes. Can you pack workout gear and a little snack, change clothes at work and go from there?

    ReplyDelete