2.13.2011

Encouragement

I've learned that, for me, there really isn't any better encouragement and motivation to stay up on my work-out routine than to hear compliments like "Have you been working out? You look really good."

Now, I haven't been working out for other people; I've been doing it for me. It makes me feel more energetic, more comfortable in my own skin, productive with my free time, and it has made me really learn my body more. I've learned that I can do as many squats as I can handle - I'm still going to have a booty. But those push-ups really do work to tone my arms and shoulders. I'm on my way to that one thing every woman seems to want - to accept her body for how it is.

The encouragement is just an added bonus. It doesn't mean that I'm fishing for compliments, it just feels really great when people notice all the hard work you've been doing. People should compliment each other more, in my opinion. You never know if someone is having a down-in-the-dumps day and just needs a pick-me-up. But for God sakes, please be honest about it. :)

Here's one of my favorite videos that do just the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment