Anna and I started talking about living together in April and I'm excited to say it's going to happen! I first met Anna at Camp Tamarack - we were campers together, then Rookies and counselors. In a nutshell, she's pretty great. She can make me laugh until I cry, is an amazing listener, and is the best Macy's-8th-Floor-Holiday-Display-Narrator you'll ever meet.
![]() |
| Anna (L) with Bestie Clare (R) on Channel B-L-ING at Camp |
She is starting law school in the fall, so we have been looking at places within walking distance of her new school. The place we looked at tonight is in the running to be OUR gem.
![]() | ||||
| Doesn't the front remind of you of Sesame Street meets Sex and the City? |
PROS:
- No smoking and no pets = no stink
- 2 bedrooms plus a 3rd that can be used as a shared office
- Heat is included in the rent
- The landlord seems great - she was very flexible with things and seems easy to reach
- There are people in the building who have been there for years (not too much turnover)
- Off-street assigned parking spot for me
- Long layout, rather than square
- Pantry - I've never had one of those!
- Built in buffets and bookshelves
- Ornate, dark wood fixtures
- Very large rooms - total space of 1,200 sq. ft.
- Proximity to Anna's school and my work
- Colorful walls (though we'd probably paint the bedrooms)
- Clawfoot tub - I've also wanted one of those!
- Fireplace. Though it's not working, I love the ambiance it provides
- Open September 1st, giving me some leeway in moving out of my current apt.
CONS:
- No laundry inside the unit - coin-operated downstairs
- The basement is more than a little creepy (we're pretty sure it could be haunted)
- Street parking for guests would be pretty tough being that close to Grand Ave.
- No dishwasher
- No yard to sit or garden in (but that also means to maintenance)
- Mysterious doorway that doesn't open . . . WHAT IS IN THERE??
- No ceiling fans and according to one of the tenants, ac units are hard to fit inside the big windows
But we love it. I can really see us turning it into a home. I'm really excited to venture outside of Highland Park and enjoy a new party of this beautiful city. We decided to fill out the application and go from there! Wish us luck - though I've had a feeling 25 would be a good year. :)


That's a BEAUTIFUL place, reminds me of the building Beck is in. I am proud to say all 3 of our kids will be within a mile radius in St. Paul Sept. 1. Perhaps YOU also will be included in the progressive dinner stops! :) Congratulations on new adventures!
ReplyDelete