3.22.2010

First Time First Ave. (an ode to Matt Perkins)

I feel like I can truly call myself a Minnesotan after tonight. I've been to the house of purple. I was inducted with black and white stars. I went to First Ave. 




It was a wonderful show by Vampire Weekend! Lots of energy and a unique sound! Didn't bother bringing my camera, but here's a video of a fun song by this New York band.


Thanks to Matt Perkins and his VIP-ness, I enjoyed my first show at the classic Minneapolis venue! Matt, you are so cool for working at MPR! And for being you. :) I still remember the first time I partied in the Mean 117 back in 2004. Look how far we've come.

And my all-time favorite . . .


So happy that these 2 are getting married May 28, 2011!

1 comment:

  1. your first time to first ave?!!! that's crazy! great show to be there for, though!

    ReplyDelete