3.24.2010

Spring is in the Air


Last night, I went for a long walk around Highland Park and noticed many signs of spring. Here are some great ones:
  • Tulips are starting to sprout! FYI, pink tulips are my favorite flowers.
  • Picture this: a dad and his son were playing catch at the Cretin-Derham practice fields. AND the son was wearing a Joe Mauer t-shirt.
  • I drove home from work today with the sunroof open. 
  • During my Caribou stop this morning, I actually ordered an iced drink.
  • Everyone and their mother in Highland Park has been out walking their kids and/or dogs. Except for me – I'm just out walking.
  • The summer-only Dairy Queens are open!
  • The smell of fertilizer throughout the aisles at Target.
  • Ana and Rob pulled out the backyard games this week.
  • Tonight on the radio they mentioned it might hit 70 degrees next week. When I was little, my mom had a rule that I couldn't wear shorts to school until it's 65 degrees when I went to the busstop in the morning. My own rules have changed since I've aged. I won't be showing these pasty legs for some time.
  • Twins merchandise all over the stores! 19 days until Target Field opens!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!
    A few things:

    1) You can borrow our dog for a walk around Highland Park anytime.

    2) My tulips are barely sprouting ... did you really see these pics around town?

    3) I drove with my sunroof open today too (and my heat on and seat warmers on level 3!)

    Yay for Spring!

    ReplyDelete