4.03.2010

Vacation Envy

As some of you may know, I was going through a rough patch of vacation envy the last few weeks. It seemed like everyone around me was either on a great vacation or planning their own:
  • Mary went to Panama for 2 1/2 weeks
  • Jennine went to Jamaica and booked a trip to Mexico with her family in October
  • Kay was in Oaxaca for 2 weeks
  • Andi and Heather went to Hawaii
  • Ana was in DC this past week
  • My mom is planning her trip to Greece in June
  • My cousin and her family might be doing a vacation swap with a family in Switzerland for a month this summer
  • And the list goes on . . . 
But now that it's warming up, I'm not so envious anymore. Sure, I'd love some extra days off. But I'm excited to go for walks around the lakes, get to work on our vegetable garden, barbecue in my backyard, train for some 5K's, make a trip or two up to the cabin Andi and Heather are renting, and so many more great Minnesota summer things.

I already have tickets to Amos Lee, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and DMB and will be attending Rock the Garden, Grand Old Day, Lumberjack Days and more.

This summer will also bring some short (but fun) road trips to Iowa and Chicago! And I'll have to start saving up for a trip to Detroit in September.

Here are some reasons why I love MN in the summer . . .

Backyard Games

Up North

Long Days and Beautiful Sunsets

Family Time

Farmers Markets

Baseball Games

10K Lakes

No comments:

Post a Comment