10.24.2010

Live Your Life

Who else out there loves and gets pumped up by listening to Rihanna? (Raise your hand, Macnamania).

Tonight I was running on the treadmill and Rihanna and T.I.'s "Live Your Life" came on my iPod. While I can't relate to the entire song, I was really stuck on some of the lyrics towards the end:
Look in the mirror and keep on shining
Till the game ends, till the clock stops
We gon' post up on the top spot
Livin the life, the life
In a brand new city got my whole team with me
The life, my life
I do what I wanna do
I'm livin my life, my life
I will never lose, I'm livin my life, my life
And I'm not stopping 
 
 
I've been a little down recently and feeling a little lonesome. But I've also been realizing that I need to keep doing the things I love to keep me feeling on the bright side. True, I get a little bored sitting at home at night when I have no plans but it has allowed me to have time to join the gym and spend over an hour there each night if I want. And I feel great about it. Physically, I haven't felt better in months. I have more energy, more motivation to continue going to the gym and I'm starting to see results - physically and mentally. 

Now it's time to figure out what else to do with my time to make myself feel happy. I have a few good books going right now and my mom is going to teach me how to crochet. Any other ideas for me?

The biggest hurdle I'm trying to overcome is the balance of going out and spending time with friends and having me time. I've been struggling with feeling like friends are reaching out to me - I feel like I have to be the assertive one to make plans. While the end result is always good, I just wish that I could get a few more calls saying "Hey, want to go out tonight?". Now if this happens, I need to make sure I DO it . . . because we all know that sometimes the couch and a cup of tea feels so much better after a long day.

So with that I'm going to go live my life how I want to live it. And I'm going to try to love every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment