6.22.2011

The Whole Spectrum

Do you ever feel like you know someone that you can just fit into a box? In other words, they are predictable and everything they do and like is expected. I have never wanted to be that person. I want to like what I like, even if it is at times so different from other things I like. Does this make any sense at all? Here are some examples of things I love equally yet seem so opposite:
  • Hiking boots vs. cute wedges
  • Red wine vs. craft beer
  • Chicken nuggets or fried green beans vs. fresh fruit
  • Music like this:
  • . . . vs. music like this:
  • or this:
  • Fishing vs. shopping
  • Lumberjack-esque men vs. nerdy emo men (my dream man is both, btw)
  • Grizzly bears vs. puppies
  • Painting my nails vs. digging in the dirt
  • Cross country skiing or trail running vs. a relaxing massage
  • Getting an updo vs. covering sweaty, dirty hair with a bandana or hat
  • Fatty, chocolate ice cream vs. fat-free frozen yogurt
  • Driving my dad's truck vs. being picked up in a town car
  • Vintage dresses vs. ratty camp shirts and gym shorts
  • Exploring the world vs. being a couch potato

These things make me ME and I LOVE it. If you can't dig that, quit reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment