It's pretty common for a girl to come up with ingredients for the "perfect guy," right? Even though I don't think that exists . . .
While looking through an old journal of mine tonight, I found an interesting entry that was just this. My heart wasn't in a good place at the time and I needed to get this down on paper.
Here are some qualities that I want in a guy:
A college education, knows how/when to dress well, good at social situations and meeting new people, drinks wine, reads, plays guitar, enjoys the outdoors, likes to try new things, understands the importance of everything local, gives me compliments, like similar music, cooks, likes photography, has a desire to see the world, good with money, patient, assertive, good at making decisions, sends me cards/emails, drinks coffee, loves the holidays, gets along with my family, has ambition, a handyman, likes board/card games, lets me do things for him, has a good memory and attention to detail, stays true to his word, recycles, listens, asks questions, remembers my favorite things, is passionate about life and his interests, loyal, likes kids, likes dogs, understands that some days I need to be independent while other days I need to be dependent, knows how to show that he cares.
I wrote this approximately one year ago, and not much has changed. I think that goes to show that I know who I am and what I want.
Are you out there?
No comments:
Post a Comment