1.25.2010

My January

I'm going to copy my sister-in-law with her blog topic: Currently in January. It's my blog and I can do what I want, right? ;)

Current Books: I just finished reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (see previous post) and loved it. Currently on my nightstand is "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I was first inspired to read this after my good friend Amos England was telling me all about it. It's a short book, but it's bound to be a good read. Kasey, you'll soon get your copy of the book back.

Current Playlist: I've been listening to playlists on www.grooveshark.com. Check it out! Totally free and you can listen to pretty much anything you type in. If you'd like to listen to my playlists, look for "lrdickson." Cidivine has a pretty sweet playlist, too. :) Here's a favorite from the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack:


Current Guilty Pleasure: 96.3 NOW! I still find myself calling it B96, but I've been loving being able to listen to Top 40 hits from artists like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Jason Derulo, Taylor Swift.

Current Color: Turquoise and deep purple.


Current Drink: I've been drinking a lot of H2oh, Synergy Kombucha (Divine Grape), Aveda Comfort Tea, and Menage Trois wine.

Current Food: Surprisingly, I've been sticking to my New Year's Resolution to attempt a new recipe each week! I've made a few different batches of baba ghanoush. I also LOVE making egg whites with hot sauce for breakfast. Weird, I know. But it tastes good and fills me up!

Current Favorite Show: I'm getting pretty excited for LOST to start next week! I just watched a little more of season 5 to get myself reacquainted. It's going to be a great season; I can't wait! I'm slowly getting back into American Idol, but I'd like to wait until they get down to about 12. Then I'll be looking for people to place bets against!

Current Wishlist: Waxless skis, a cute new dress, concert tickets, a new cell phone

Current Needs: I need to start working out again. I did so well before the holidays. How do I get back into the groove of it? I'm on the look-out for 3 good 5K's to walk/run this spring and summer. Once I sign up for one, then that might be a good motivator.

Current Triumphs: While I'm still in the midst of it, I'm pretty proud of myself for volunteering to take a leadership role with the City of Lakes Loppet. I've always wanted to ski in this festival but haven't been able to, due to being away at college or in Colorado. After being inspired by Rebecca and her volunteer work with the Twin Cities Marathon, I took the initiative to contact Peggy, the volunteer coordinator, to find a role that would best fit my schedule and capabilities. I'm the lead volunteer for Vendor Village. I'm still looking for volunteers to help me out inside the tent . . . HINT HINT.

Current Bane Of My Existence: The internet. Between work and home, I spend waaay too much time online. I need to focus on my reading, working out, some new crafty projects, and upcoming TV shows like LOST and Idol. Help!

Current Celebrity Crush: Laugh if you want, but Jason Segel (aka Marshall Eriksen on How I Met Your Mother)



Current Indulgence: A few things I've been picking up at the grocery stores lately: chocolate almond milk, garlic stuffed green olives, chocolate cheerios, grape kombucha. YUM!

Current Blessing: This sounds cheesy, but I've been really happy with my new relationship. I always hated when people said, "Just stop looking and you'll find someone." But it's true!

Current Slang: I've been saying things like "it MAY or MAY NOT be" a lot lately. For example, if I baked you cookies and knew you'd be excited I will say "I MAY or MAY NOT have baked you some delicious oatmeal raisin cookies!"

Current Outfit: Well, right now I'm lounging in my North Face pants and my new State Fair hoodie. But I've been wearing a new shirt lately that's button-up with a floral pattern. I like it . . . and I've been getting nice compliments when I do sport it.

Boots are also a must in this icy tundra.

Current Excitement: Colorado! I'm headed to Fort Collins from Feb. 11-15 to see Kasey, Eric and some other good friends. I hope to eat at some of my fav restaurants, stop by Sunflower, buy some Nanita's, maybe see a movie at the Lyric, snowshoe, maybe hang out in Boulder, and visit New Belgium! It will be so nice to just get away for a bit. And HOPEFULLY I'll have a travel partner with me. No pressure.



Current Mood: Hopeful that I will feel better tomorrow! The antibiotics should work, right?

Current Link: www.grooveshark.com and http://www.summercampfestival.com/2010/

1 comment: