1.03.2010

A Little Late . . .

I know the New Year started two days ago, but here are the resolutions I have been meaning to post:

  • Finish at least five good books. I have a habit of starting one, then another, and another. Right now I have bookmarks in: Life of Pi, The Alchemist, Into the Wild, Animal Vegetable Miracle, The Shack, and Something Borrowed.
  • Complete three 5K races, whether I am walking, jogging, or running. I am considering the Susan G. Komen in May, Lumberjack Days in July, and the Blubber Run in September.
  • Continue flossing my teeth on a regular basis. I know this sounds lame, but I hate being guilted by the dentist! I also want clean, healthy teeth. : D
  • Stay in better touch with my friends from SMU. You are all so wonderful and spending time with you makes my life better.
  • Start a garden. I am getting more and more interested in eating local, and what better way to do so than start your own garden? I'm thinking small this year – lettuce, herbs, maybe some tomatoes.
  • Blog on Minnesota a la mode at least once a week. Who knows if anyone besides my sister-in-law is reading, but it's fun.
  • Get down to 130 by 1/1/11. I've set benchmark dates/weights and I am determined. I just want to feel healthy again. : ) Please, don't bring me cake and cookies.
  • Cook at least one new recipe a week. Simple or elaborate, I love to cook. And I love to learn more - salads, soups, smoothies, cakes, etc. Mind you, most will be somewhat healthier.
  • Attend at least five great concerts. I'm hoping for The Avett Brothers, 10K Lakes Festival, Keith Urban, Alexi Murdoch, and something at the MN Zoo Amphitheater.
  • Choose at least five random Minnesota cities (that I've never visited) and spend a day there with a friend. I love exploring new sites and its culture. Should I just throw a dart at a map?
 And for a little motivation:


2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! These are great goals! I especially like #6 about blogging (because you KNOW I'm reading) and #2 (about 5K ... I'd walk with you if you will for sure only be WALKING).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for the 5k!! I'm always looking for people to get in to races with. I have no problem getting moving in the winter(got a 20km ski tomorrow if you're interested...) but I get really lazy in the summers; races are great motivators! Oh yea, Into the Wild is an AMAZING book- quick read also.

    ReplyDelete